30 January 2011

Annual or Perennial

I'm sad to say it appears that I've been remiss and not only did not follow through on last year's thought to post more often, it has now been over a year since I posted!

All I can say is Wow, how time does fly.

What has filled up the interim?  A little boy learned to crawl, then walk, then run and talk first with his fingers then with words.  Approximately 235 readings of the books "Goodnight, Moon." and "Guess How Much I Love You."  I think 3 haircuts for me (by someone else) and 4 haircuts for the boy given by me.  A garden that grew from seed then lived outside and produced a non-insignificant amount of sustenance for my family.  Reading bits and pieces of many books for me and completing 2.  Sadly only 2.  "The Far Pavilions" by I'm not sure who, and "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver.  A vineyard was planted, sprouted, grew vines to wires, grew grapes, and a small harvest was taken.  I was introduced to thepioneerwoman.com (I love her more than my luggage!).  A doggie gained 12 lbs then lost 7 which has lead to much improvement in her energy and breathing.  I returned to working part time in the veterinary world.  I healed some doggies & kitties and I helped families say goodbye to some others.  C returned to school and re-learned Calculus.  I remembered how thankful I am that I do not have to re-learn Calculus.  C built a rainwater collection system and horse shed.  And life generally went on.

Because that's what it does.

Now what am I looking forward to?  A new year.  A new attempt to run more often.  Learning to make mozzarella this year and maybe some other cheese.  Watching Gabriel explore the world and re-learning just how fantastic it is through the eyes of a toddler.  Putting in another garden and focusing even more on letting it sustain our family.  Re-learning what God tells us about how He loves us through the words of the Bible and putting that into action in my life so that Gabe grows up knowing that God intended us to love one another as He loves us.

And I guess that's really quite a lot for my plate so I should leave it at that.  We are given a tremendous opportunity to experience this amazing world and I look forward to experiencing whatever adventures we find ourselves upon.  Tally ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment